SignOn, an online platform that offers parents of deaf and hard of hearing children one-on-one ASL practice sessions with Deaf adults, is now welcoming kids of all ages to the platform with their new program Friends Like Me.
Friends Like Me connects your deaf and hard of hearing (DHH) child with 2-3 other DHH kids that are the same age. Groups meet weekly for 30-minute sessions led by a trained DHH Adult Mentor.
With the Friends Like Me program, your child can:
- make new friends
- increase social skills
- engage in conversations
- play fun games and activities
- participate in book talks
What parents like best about Friends Like Me
- Seeing my son’s reaction when others started signing with him. He was thrilled, and it brought a joy I can’t put into words!
- Seeing and interacting with other families with babies who are DHH.
- The smiles my kids have when they finish their session!
- That my daughter who is Deaf can communicate with other children around the U.S. that share a similar experience.
- I love that she can see that there are many other kids like her.
- To see how excited my son was to use ASL and sign with other adults/kids in the DHH community. My son is able to meet peers in a safe environment.
For a limited time, ASDC members are eligible for five 30-minute sessions of SignOn – FREE!
You can apply your free sessions to their program for adults, the Friends Like Me program, or split them up between the two.
Already a member?
Not a member yet?
Membership is open to all and is just $35!