Donate to ASDCASDC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit supporting families with deaf children since 1967
What does ASDC do?
The American Society for Deaf Children provides resources, advocacy, and mentoring for every family with a deaf child so they can communicate, connect, and thrive – together.
Did you know that more than 85% of deaf children are born to hearing parents? Your membership/donation ensures that parents get immediate access to the resources they need to:
- learn American Sign Language (ASL)
to provide a language-rich environment for their child
- connect with members of the Deaf community
to provide a strong social support network and language models for their child
- effectively advocate for their child’s educational rights
to get the best possible outcomes for their child from the very beginning
What does my donation do?
In 2019, our donors made a significant difference! Through memberships and generous donor support, we were able to:
- bring our highly-praised ASL Weekend workshops to 220 families in six cities
- offer free online ASL lessons with a member of the Deaf community to every ASDC member family
- provide more than $21,600 in scholarships to help members attend ASDC events
- create a new educational advocacy app for parents in partnership with NAD, Gallaudet, and Hands & Voices
We’ve got even more in store for 2020 and your donation will keep the momentum going!