As protesters take to the streets after the death of George Floyd, conversations about racial justice are happening in homes across the country. To help you talk to your child about recent events and issues related to race, ethnicity, and racial justice, we’ve put together this list of resources for you.
Resources for Parents & Teachers (English)
- How To Talk To Kids About Black Lives And Police Violence (NPR)
- Anti-Racism for Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide to Fighting Hate (Parents)
- Racism and Violence: How to Help Kids Handle the News (ChildMind)
- Teaching Young Children About Race (Social Justice Books)
- Teaching #BlackLivesMatter: Middle and High School Resources (Teaching for Change)
Videos for Kids (ASL)