On Sunday February 12th, Super Bowl LVII in Arizona will feature Deaf performers as part of the pregame and halftime festivities. Watch a dedicated camera featuring Justina Miles, Colin Denny, and Troy Kotsur live on YouTube, provided by FOX.
We are excited to watch the festivities, and even more excited to have representation at one of the biggest games of the year!
Here’s the lineup:
- Oscar winner and Arizona native Troy Kotsur will provide the American Sign Language (ASL) performance of the National Anthem.
- Colin Denny, a Deaf Native American from Navajo Nation in Arizona, will perform America the Beautiful through a blend of ASL and North American Indian Sign Language.
- For the first time ever, there will be an ASL rendition of Lift Every Voice and Sing at the Super Bowl, done by Justina Miles, a Philadelphia born performer now living in Maryland. On top of that, Justina will also perform in ASL the music of Rhianna during the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show.
Our friends at the National Association for the Deaf (NAD) shared with us how you can watch Super Bowl LVII and make sure you can see the sign language and Deaf performers on your screen.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH PRE-GAME ASL PERFORMANCE
bit.ly/SuperBowlASLPreGame 6:30 PM ET (includes Lift Every Voice and Sing performed by Justina Miles, America, The Beautiful performed by Colin Denny, and the National Anthem performed by Troy Kotsur)
CLICK HERE TO WATCH HALF-TIME ASL PERFORMANCE
Things to know:
- You do not need a YouTube account to watch both links.
- You can test both links now, you should see an image to confirm you’re on the right page.
Join us as we watch Justina, Colin, and Troy! It’s game time!
Learn ASL Football Signs with ASDC’s Deaf ASL Instructor, Richard Rose.