Become a Member
Show your support and become an ASDC member today!
All families who have children who are deaf or hard of hearing, any professional that works with children who are deaf or hard of hearing, extended family members. Membership includes the Endeavor Magazine which is printed 3 times per year, website access, and an 800 hot line.
- Families: Learn what your deaf child needs to thrive and understand the possibilities for your child’s future. Access visual language resources and support for your child’s development.
- Educators: Benefit from ASDC’s organizational membership and comply with the IDEA mandate for schools encourage family involvement in the child’s education.
- Providers: Make informed decisions on the best recommendations for your clients and be able to refer them to relevant resources.
- Legislators: Utilize accurate, up-to-date information to make legislative decisions that support what’s best for deaf children.
- The Endeavor: a newsmagazine with a focus on issues of importance to families with varied topics for special family members, transition, and deaf culture. The Endeavor includes regular reports of ASDC’s activities, editorials, national news, calendars of upcoming events, stories of family experiences, advertisements for specialized products and services, and news from ASDC affiliates.
- Annual conferences which bring together families of diverse backgrounds to meet, learn, and share information.
- A website and social media channels continually updated with important information, links, and resources..
- Information to policymakers. ASDC is seen as a resource by members of Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, and other Federal agencies. ASDC has testified before Congress, submitted written comments on proposed policy, and has participated in forums and workshops as an invited guest and speaker.
- A monthly email blast that keeps members informed about happenings around the country.
- Periodic mailings on topics of interest such as conference announcements and research findings.
- An information and referral line for parents 1-800-942-ASDC(2732)