Join us for a new holiday art tradition: ASDC’s Annual Holiday Card Art Contest!
We’re inviting kids ages 3-17 to show off their artistic skills by drawing their interpretation of our 2022 Holiday Theme: “Holiday Fun with Family and Friends”.
Enter today for your chance to be one of five featured artists in our 2022 Holiday Card Collection!
Contest Dates: September 20 – October 20, 2022
Theme: Holiday Fund with Friends and Family
Eligible: Children Ages 3- 17
Winners: A winner from each of the following age groups will be chosen: 3-5, 6-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16+
The 5 Grand Prize winners will receive:
- Their artwork featured in our 2022 Member Holiday Card Collection, our November and December Newsletters, and across all of our Social Media Channels
- A set of 25 cards featuring the winning artwork. (5 each of each winning design)
- ASDC Swag
- Bragging rights
ALL entries will receive a small gift from ASDC.
Winners will be announced the week of November 7 via Facebook Live!
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Entrants must be a student of an ASDC School Member or the relative of an ASDC Family member, ages 3 to 17 years old as of the contest entry dates.
- Artwork must be original and designed on 11” wide x 8-1/2” high paper. (Artwork placement can be horizontal or vertical – click here for an example of layout)
- Artwork should follow the theme of “Holiday Fun with Family and Friends”
- Artwork with ASL or Deaf/HH focus preferred, but not required.
- Artwork should be created by one or more of the following media: crayons, Pen/Ink, Marker, Watercolor, Acrylics, or Digitally.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless the American Society of Deaf Children and its respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest. Submission of Artwork constitutes permission for ASDC to use Artwork, winner’s name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice, and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights. Children of ASDC staff or contractors, officials, its affiliates, or their respective households are not eligible to enter the Artwork contest.
- Original artwork sent in must be labeled with the entrant’s name, age, and member name and location. All entries become the property of ASDC and none will be acknowledged or returned.
- Winning entrants may have their artwork featured on the cover of the 2022 ASDC Holiday Card Series, and their first name and age noted on the back cover.
- There will be five different cards, so there will be five opportunities to win.
- A winner from each age group will be chosen: 3-5, 6-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16+ (Age at time of submission)
- All entries will receive an ASDC branded gift/acknowledgment (gift to be determined by ASDC)
- The five winning entrants will also receive an ASDC Prize Basket to be determined by ASDC but will contain ASDC branded swag and gear.
- Limitations of Liability: ASDC assumes no responsibility or liability for the following: lost, late, misdirected, or damaged artwork. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to unauthorized intervention, fraud, copyright infringement, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of ASDC which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, ASDC reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- The contest will run from September 20, 2021 through October 20, 2022.
Entries not meeting the above and following requirements may be disqualified.SUBMISSIONS
All entries must be received by ASDC no later than October 20, 2022.
- Please visit our Contest Page at deafchildren.org/holiday-art-
- Fill out the online entry form and upload artwork photo in JPEG (.jpg) PNG (.png) format. (Original artwork will need to be provided if the child is selected as a contest winner.)
- Submit original artwork along with a completed “Entry Form”
- Please do not send bent or folded artwork. Artwork should be sent in a flat or appropriately sized envelope or packing
- A printable entry form is available here
- Mail entry to:
American Society for Deaf Children
PO Box 23
Woodbine, MD 21797
Judging will be conducted by a panel of ASDC Staff, Board Members, and Allied Partners. All artwork will be judged with only the child’s first name and age displayed. (Member names and locations will not be revealed during the judging process.) Winners will be announced the week of November 7 via Facebook Live.
Winning artwork entries, once determined, shall become the exclusive property of ASDC and may be used for publicity, publication, or as content in any media, online or offline, without further permission, unless prohibited by law. All original artwork including but not limited to digitally uploaded images, original photographs, paintings, drawings, and otherwise submitted material will not be returned to the entrant. All non-winning designs and photographs submitted remain the property of ASDC.
Questions? Please email email@example.com